[python3-ldap] Ldap Add Error

Gary Waters mr.gary.waters at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 01:14:49 CET 2014

Hi Giovanni,

I wrote the ldap cloning script, and it worked great.  Thanks to your
wonderful working examples.

I do have a problem with a 1% of the users  I tried to clone this week,
and that is I am getting a "Protocol Error", with no message.

Here is the method call:

dst_result = dst_connection_object.add(dn, 'iNetOrgPerson',
src_connection_object.response[0]['attributes'])

Here is the full result dict:
{'dn': '', 'referrals': None, 'description': 'protocolError', 'result':
2, 'message': '', 'type': 'addResponse'}

I am able to create an ldifStream from the response:
ldifStream = src_server_conn.responseToLdif()

And I able to manually import the ldif just fine.

How do I get more information out of the result or is there another
method that I could to the connection object that would help me figure
out what is wrong with this account ?

Thanks for your advise.
-Gary