[python3-ldap] Python3-ldap 0.5.3-alpha released!

python3ldap python3ldap at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 17:09:03 CEST 2013

Hello everybody,
I've a bunch of new features for the python3-ldap library:

- Added Info from DSE (in server.info)
- Added connection usage (in connection.usage if collectUsage=True in
connection definition)
- Added getOperationalAttributes boolean to Search operation to fetch the
operational attributes during searches
- Added increment operation to modify operation as per rfc 4525
- Added dictionary of OID description (for DSE and schema decoding)
- Added Info from DSE (in server.info)
- Added connection usage (in connection.usage if collectUsage=True in
connection definition)
- Modified exceptions for sending controls in LDAP request
- Fixed StartTls in asynchronous client strategy

I've created a dictionary of OID to decode supported
features/controls/extensions gathering information from rfc and major
vendors documentation. I'm still missing specific OID for Microsoft Active
Directory but hope to add them soon. With this dictionary you can populate
the server.info property with a lot of (decoded if possible) information
about the ldap server. To have the info gathered you have to create the
Server object with the parameter getInfo=GET_DSA_INFO.

I also added a connection usage summary in the form of a property in the
Connection class.
If you create the connection with the parameter collectUsage=True you can
have something like this in the connection.usage property:

>>> c.usage
Connection Usage:
  Start Time: Wed Sep  4 17:02:58 2013
    Elapsed time: 0:00:41.386205
  Operations: 5
    Abandon: 0
    Bind: 1
    Compare: 0
    Delete: 0
    Extended: 0
    Modify: 0
    ModifyDn: 0
    Search: 3
    Unbind: 1

Let me know if you need more information recorded.

I've refined the interface protocol a little, removing the StopTLS method
because rfc4511 and rfc 4513 define the removal of TLS as a MAY feature of
the ldap server, so I can't have a generic function for it.

I'm working on the schema browser now. I hope to have it for the next week,
then we could finally move to beta!

Once I have the first beta release I'll set up a public repository with
ticketing and bug tracking.

Have fun,
gc