[python-win32] WinSxS, manifests and binary distribution ?

Michel Claveau mc at mclaveau.com
Tue Nov 8 14:12:04 CET 2011

Hi!

*sorry for my bad english*

I do not know if my problem has same origine that your, but I have a problem
with  win32ui, only since pywin32/215
when I call a COM server who contain  "import win32ui"

With versions 215 ot 216, I have this traceback:

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "D:\Dev\python\pywig.py", line 29, in <module>
       import win32ui
   ImportError: DLL load failed: Le module spécifié est introuvable.

With version 214 or prior, I have no problem.
I (re)-install 216: problem.
I (re)-install 214: no problem.

I had try to re-register the server ; I had try on a dozen of computers,
with differents windows (XP, Vista, 7 ; 32 & 64). With Python 2.6 or 2.7.
Always the problem. (all my tests with Pywin32 in 32 bits).
I can reproduce the problem at will (on my computers).

@-salutations
--
Michel Claveau