[python-win32] Python for Windows extensions

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Nov 16 20:52:39 CET 2009

Hung Nguyen wrote:

> Back to the questions, again thank you for the short answer. I am
> wondering if you have a "longer" answer? :)
>
> Another piece of information I am looking for is how mature the
> extension is in term of supporting python 3 and 64bit? Are you aware
> of any well known products that use the extension in general and on
> 64bit platform in particular?

Python itself has been running on 64-bit systems for quite a long time.
There aren't likely to be issues there.

And remember that the 64-bit Windows API is essentially identical to the
32-bit API.  They're the same functions, in DLLs with the same names.
As long as one has not done anything egregiously stupid, the conversion
is mostly just a matter of recompiling with the cross-compiler.

What I'm saying is that there really aren't any compelling reasons for
it NOT to be solid.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com