[python-win32] Unpackaged binary version of pywin32

Ross McKerchar it at crummock.com
Tue Nov 14 17:49:39 CET 2006

Is there anywhere I can download a compiled but unpackaged version of
pywin32?

I would like to repackage the win32 extensions as an msi using the the
bdist_msi distutils extension, allowing me to deploy the package to
multiple clients using group policy.

The sourceforge project page only lists executable installers and the
source distribution (which isn't much use without MS Visual Studio).

Feel free to shoot me down to earth if there's any reason why this
approach will never work - the bdist_msi extension does seem quite
"bleeding edge".

Thanks for all your help!

-ross