[python-win32] Thread won't run in service

David Rushby davidrushby at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 02:45:43 CET 2005

Does the thread actually not run, or does it run, but lack the right to
write files, raise an exception that you have no way of detecting, and
exit?

If you install the service as an administrative user who has the "Log
on as a service" right (in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->
Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment),
rather than as the "LocalSystem" user, does the program then work as
expected?

(I don't know whether installing the service as an administrative user
is an inappropriate security risk in your situation, but I recall
having trouble writing files from services that were installed as "LocalSystem".)