[python-win32] Re: NetScheduleJob API in python?

Roger Upole rwupole at msn.com
Mon Jan 10 06:18:19 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Willmer" <alex at moreati.org.uk>
To: <python-win32 at python.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: [python-win32] Re: NetScheduleJob API in python?

> Roger Upole wrote:
>
>> The Task Scheduler COM interfaces exist on NT also.  They came as part of
>> one of the IE installs (IE5 I think), so chances are you already have
>> them
>> on your NT machines.
>>

> Roger,
>
> Firstly thankyou for your work in pywin32 on that COM interface,  I
> wouldn't have got this far without it.

You're very welcome !

> However some NT hosts are returning a COM error (which dumbly I don't have
> the details of now),when I try to call GetTargetComputer. It appears the
> Task Scheduler component isn't installed on these servers, no Scheduled
> Tasks special folder appears in Explorer under WINNT.
>
> According to MSDN the IE 4 redistributable is required, IE 5.x is
> installed, I can only assume the scheduler option was deselected.
>
> Alex

So you have a mix of some machines that have been upgraded and
some that haven't ?  Sounds pretty ugly.
If installing the task scheduler on the rest of them isn't an option,
you might be able to parse the results of AT \\servername .
Alternately, I think the At service kept its entries in the registry
somewhere.  Can't remember exactly where though, and I think
the keys had specific permissions set on them.

           Roger