[python-win32] Re: NetScheduleJob API in python?

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Sat Jan 8 14:01:16 CET 2005

Roger Upole wrote:

> The Task Scheduler COM interfaces exist on NT also.  They came as part of
> one of the IE installs (IE5 I think), so chances are you already have them
> on your NT machines.

Roger,

Firstly thankyou for your work in pywin32 on that COM interface,  I
wouldn't have got this far without it.

However some NT hosts are returning a COM error (which dumbly I don't
have the details of now),when I try to call GetTargetComputer. It
appears the Task Scheduler component isn't installed on these servers,
no Scheduled Tasks special folder appears in Explorer under WINNT.

According to MSDN the IE 4 redistributable is required, IE 5.x is
installed, I can only assume the scheduler option was deselected.

Alex