[python-win32] Unable to find PythonCOM20.dll

Rogelio Flores rogelio.flores at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:01:36 CEST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:35:53 +0100, Phil Hornby
<phil.hornby at accutest.co.uk> wrote:
> The problem is that you have a pythoncom.py file in the sitepackages
> directory of your Python Install which 'magically' (as it claims) redirects
> all calls to the appropriate version of PythonCOMXX.dll
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Phil Hornby

Well, no. For python2.0 and the win32all-144.exe installation of the
win32 extensions, there is no site-packages directory and there is no
pythoncom.py distributed. I think it hopes to find PythonCOMXX.dll
because it is installed in the winnt/system32 (win2k) directory. I
tried putting the pythoncom.py file from a python23 installation but
its magic fails because it cannot find the library.

--
Rogelio