[python-win32] controlling modal internet explorer popups

Michael Smith michael.smith at marketpipe.com
Tue Jul 6 18:51:24 CEST 2004

Has anyone managed to use win32com to control Internet Explorer popups,
such as javascript alerts.

Suppose I have a web page that asks me to confirm when I hit submit.

If I have code like this

ie.Document.getElementById('submit_button').Click()
print "I clicked on it"

then the second line is never reached, as internet explorer is sitting
there waiting for someone to click on the pop-up.

Is there any way round this?

Thank you
--
This email and its attachments are confidential and may be subject to
copyright.  It is intended solely for the addressees. If it is sent to