[python-win32] win32evtlogutil.SafeFormatMessage don't work with some events

Y. H. Rhiu master at hilug.org
Thu Jan 15 22:22:53 EST 2004

I installed wmi module and excuted the code below.
(I think wmi module is a little slow, but useful.)

import wmi
c = wmi.WMI (privileges=["Security"])

watcher = c.watch_for (
  notification_type="Creation",
  wmi_class="Win32_NTLogEvent",
  Type="error"
)

while 1:
  error = watcher ()
  print "Error in %s log: %s" %  (error.Logfile, error.Message)

However, when "error = watcher ()" line is excuted, pythonwin is down.
(I'm using PythonWin 2.3.2 and Windows 2003 Enterprise.)

How can I fix it?

--
Y.H. Rhiu