[python-win32] win32evtlogutil.SafeFormatMessage don't work w ith some events

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 04:03:31 EST 2004

>I would like to monitor events about disk error of win2003 server.
>So I wrote a python code capture 'Disk' event or 'dmio' event.
>
>But I've realized win32evtlogutil.SafeFormatMessage() don't
>work with 'dmio' event.
>So I can't see description of 'dmio' event by my python code below.
>(but we can see the description by using windows event viewer.)

I'm not an expert in event log stuff, but can I suggest this
 as an alternative method of monitoring:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html#monitor_error_events

If you think it'll help and you're not sure how to alter
 it to suit what you're doing, I'm happy to help you
 adapt it.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk