[python-win32] MAPI ModifyRecipients

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Aug 7 04:23:23 CEST 2004

> I spent some time looking through the pywin32 source and I
> *think* that it
> should be a set of nested tuples that look something something like
> (((flag,value)))
>
> Does anyone know the correct format of the "mods" argument for this
> function?

MS document this as being a ADRLIST structure, which is an array of ADRENTRY
structures.  An ADRENTRY is the same an an SRowSet - an array of property
values.

So Python will be wanting a list/tuple of objects (ie, the ADRLIST), with
each object being an array of property values.  A property value is a tuple
of (prop_tag, prop_value).

So, something like:

prop_list1 = ((PT_SOMETHING, "hello"), (PT_SOMETHINGELSE, 123))
prop_list2 = ...
addrlist = prop_list1, prop_list2

> also, I am using activestate's documentation for the python-win32 mapi
> extensions here:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.2/PyWin32
> /PyIMessage__ModifyRecipients_meth.html
> Is there any more comprehensive documentation?

I'm afrad not specific to Python - but as usual, contributions welcome!

Mark.