[python-win32] MAPI ModifyRecipients

stephene at sjsoft.com stephene at sjsoft.com
Fri Aug 6 20:10:37 CEST 2004

I am using extended MAPI to send emails through outlook and have gotten as
far as creating the message in the outbox. The next step is to set the
recipients of the email, and thats where I am totally stumped.

I am wanting to use PyIMessage.ModifyRecipients() but I have no idea what
argument to pass it. The documentation I have read says that it required
(flags,mods) but what is mods?

I spent some time looking through the pywin32 source and I *think* that it
should be a set of nested tuples that look something something like
(((flag,value)))

Does anyone know the correct format of the "mods" argument for this
function?

also, I am using activestate's documentation for the python-win32 mapi
extensions here:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.2/PyWin32/PyIMessage__M
odifyRecipients_meth.html
Is there any more comprehensive documentation?

Thanks
Stephen Emslie