[python-win32] GUI Rad for Python win32

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Mon Apr 5 09:28:36 EDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 14:32, Somesh Bartakke wrote:
> thanx to all you replying me instantly,
> am looking for win32 specific RAD so Boa + wxGlade+ SpecTix are Not useful
> for me.

I don't see why not.  As far as I know both Boa and PythonCard are primarily
developed (and used) on Windows.  Stani's Python Editor (SPE) is developed on
Windows only.

Using these tools just means that you can write cross-platform code if you
choose to do so.  It does not mean you have to.

You can still use the win32all libraries (or pywin32 as I believe that it is
called now) with any of the above tools.  Your code will no longer be
portable, but you will get quite deep access to the windows api.

And as JLK says, you can use py2exe to create standalone Python executables.

If you are looking for something similar to Visual Basic but for Python, then
either BoaConstructor or possibly PythonCard are what you are after.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox