[python-win32] Web-embeddable ActiveX

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:04:54 -0800

I was writing up a tutorial on how to embed Python binary COM controls
in web pages when I realized that I had only experienced "success"
because I had registered the control. Really, the web-embedded control
wasn't being downloaded at all.

I need it to work in a download, like this:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:B306454A-CAE6-4A74-ACAD-0BB11EF256DD"
ID="stemTest"  CODEBASE="stem.cab">

I have a feeling that maybe I need an Installer built with this patch:

http://trixie.triqs.com/pipermail/installer/2002-December/000233.html

Is that the problem? Let's say I build or borrow an appropriate set of
binaries, should I then expect that the right way to do this is to build
a CAB with cabarc or to build a monolithic DLL that represents the whole
control?

  Paul Prescod