[python-win32] py2exe'd service not working

Larry Bates lbates@syscononline.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:46:13 -0600

I have read everything and am now at a dead end.

I have written a service that works fine when Python is installed.  I wanted
to use py2exe to make .EXE so it can be installed without full Python
install.  I copy the files the py2exe puts out to new machine.
py2exe documentation says that I should then run application with
'-register' as argument to register the service.  When I do this
I get the following:

C:\Program Files\SYNCusers>SYNCusersService -register
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 501, in ?
  File "win32serviceutil.pyc", line 433, in HandleCommandLine
  File "win32serviceutil.pyc", line 383, in GetServiceClassString
IndexError: list index out of range

What's REALLY weird is that the .EXE service runs in debug mode (-debug)
just as expected, I just can't register or start it (either manually
or under Services Manager).

I'm running following:

PythonWin 2.2.2 (#37, Nov 26 2002, 10:24:37) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
py2exe-0.3.3 (with --service SYNCusersService switch)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Larry Bates