[python-uk] 2 Principle Engineer roles in London up to £95k

Pepper R. ryan.pepper at soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 02:45:57 EST 2016

Once again, the volume of discussion on whether recruitment emails are appropriate for the list is larger than the volume of recruitment emails we get on this list....

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 4:19 AM +0000, "Daniele Procida" <daniele at vurt.org<mailto:daniele at vurt.org>> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016, Richard Smith <richard at indigo3.com> wrote:

>However, lets not forget what the original post was, which is spam. I
>object to having that kind of content in my mailbox (have subsequently
>added the OP to my shitlist in GApps).

It wasn't spam. We have discussed several times whether recruitment messages are welcome here. To date, we've not come to any consensus that they are not.

>It was clear from the OPs post that no thought was put into making the post
>and that her intention was simply to float it out there to get some fish
>biting.
>
>Had Sophie made an effort, perhaps I might have been more accommodating. As
>it stands, I've no interest in dealing with lazy recruitment agents.

This is rudeness bordering on abuse, and it's definitely not acceptable on this email list.

Daniele