[python-uk] 2 Principle Engineer roles in London up to £95k

Daniele Procida daniele at vurt.org
Wed Dec 7 05:49:03 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016, Richard Smith <richard at indigo3.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 at 04:19 Daniele Procida <daniele at vurt.org> wrote:
>
>> It wasn't spam. We have discussed several times whether recruitment
>> messages are welcome here. To date, we've not come to any consensus that
>> they are not.
>>

>Ok, lets take the position it wasn't spam.

Actually, *your* reply did go into my spam folder, and it was a while before I even found it.

>If you received the OPs email,
>directly, would you require a little more information in the post other
>than a technology stack and a carrot on a stick?
>
>Is this now the minimum people accept for employment opportunities and
>recruitment messages?
>
>I'm sorry but:
>
>a) I don't want to have to email a recruitment agent and beg for more info
>b) email recruitment agent only to be put on yet another mailing list to
>get more spam

Your wants and mine are not the issue here.

>> This is rudeness bordering on abuse, and it's definitely not acceptable on
>> this email list.
>

>What was rude about it?

Referring to a person as a "lazy recruitment agent" is rude.

>Sophie is
>going to have to prove that she can be a trusted agent.

Sophie doesn't have to prove anything. All she has to do is use the list in accordance with its agreed purposes, politely.

Daniele