[python-uk] 2 Principle Engineer roles in London up to £95k

Richard Smith richard at indigo3.com
Wed Dec 7 05:31:56 EST 2016

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 at 04:19 Daniele Procida <daniele at vurt.org> wrote:

> It wasn't spam. We have discussed several times whether recruitment
> messages are welcome here. To date, we've not come to any consensus that
> they are not.

Ok, lets take the position it wasn't spam. If you received the OPs email,
directly, would you require a little more information in the post other
than a technology stack and a carrot on a stick?

Is this now the minimum people accept for employment opportunities and
recruitment messages?

I'm sorry but:

a) I don't want to have to email a recruitment agent and beg for more info
b) email recruitment agent only to be put on yet another mailing list to
get more spam

This is rudeness bordering on abuse, and it's definitely not acceptable on
> this email list.

What was rude about it? We should expect recruitment agents to do a little
work to gain our trust. There are far too many bad agents in the world who
think it's acceptable to cold-call, spam, bully, edit CVs, fake candidates
and many underhanded activities.

Unfortunately Sophie works in for an industry which has little respect to
start with. This is by no means a reflection on Sophie herself, but that of
the many underhanded agents who are out there for the money only. Sophie is
going to have to prove that she can be a trusted agent.

Don't forget, we, as candidates, also require some respect and it was the
content, or more precisely, the lack of content in the original email that
I found disrespectful.

As someone said earlier. It's not hard to please us. Pizza or a visit to a
python dojo etc... These actions would show a greater commitment to the
community than sending a stark employment opportunity.

IMO it works both ways.

 ~ Rich