[python-uk] 2 Principle Engineer roles in London up to £95k

John Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Dec 6 16:47:31 EST 2016

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016, Steve Holden wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Nicholas H.Tollervey <ntoll at ntoll.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/12/16 12:31, Andy Robinson wrote:
>>> Yes, but if the job involves "engineering" peoples' principles, it's a
>>> bit worrying.
>>
>> Depending on your level of cynicism that could apply to all sorts of
>> professions: from teachers via priests and "marketing types" to
>> politicians.
>

> What's the principal principle to be observed in this principality?

Now everybody's friends again, I feel I can get away with adding:

There actually is a "principal principle" in the philosophy of probability
(and therefore arguably in physics):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_interpretations#cite_note-SEPIP-1

and here is a video that agrees it stems from a real problem in physics,
but is the wrong solution to that problem (you can tell from the title
what his proposed solution is :-):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfzSE4Hoxbc