[python-uk] gosh this is exciting

Anand Kumria akumria at acm.org
Wed Jan 9 00:10:52 CET 2013

Hi,

Of course we smelt a rat.

As soon as that comment came out, I gave up on even reading the
discourse that followed.

Fundamentally many of the commentators do not realise that forcing
people to participate - i.e. forcing reply-to to be public - (imagine
be *required* to attend *every* Python-related meetup in London; no
matter what) simply does not work.

No technical means to enforce / create a community has worked.

Enough people elaborated on the (many) technical pitfalls of having
reply-to, so I won't, the community one is often overlooked.

Anand

On 8 January 2013 19:02, Jonathan Hartley <tartley at tartley.com> wrote:

> Does anyone else smell a rat? How would he know???? Is Mr Foord READING ALL
> OUR EMAILS!?!?!?!
>
> Thank you all for providing a stream of giggles to brighten my day.
>
> --
> Jonathan Hartley    tartley at tartley.com    http://tartley.com
> Made of meat.       +44 7737 062 225       twitter/skype: tartley

“Don’t be sad because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss