[python-uk] Eclipse + Pydev?

Ed Stafford walter.stafford at carbonsixty.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 22:33:52 CET 2010

If I can add my two (c|p)ents. From a complete work flow perspective there's
a lot to be said for Eclipse and PyDev. With integrated source control
systems and the Mylyn extensions for Trac, Bugzilla and a number of other
systems it can improve your efficiency quite a bit if you buy into a little
of the Eclipse way of doing things.

For a python editor it can seem rather bloated until you start to see how
you can use a number of the plugins available to you. Ram is cheap these
days and a cross platform, full featured Python IDEs are in short supply.

Don't get me wrong though, Eclipse can sometimes make you want to pull your
hair out. For the most part the little trouble I've had has been well worth
it.

Cheers,
-Ed Stafford