[python-uk] London Code Dojo - Post Mortem...

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Sep 20 02:41:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sep/18/2009, Nicholas Tollervey wrote:

> It was good to meet so many of you last night and I hope you all
> enjoyed it as much as I did.

I enjoyed a lot and expecting for next one (and eager to drive and
copilot this time!)

> To re-iterate what we agreed last night:
>
> Next Dojo: 15th October 2009, 6:30pm.

sadly I will be in holidays during this week.

Have you thought to use doodle? http://doodle.com/
It's to search the day that more people could attend. It doesn't require
registration, only that someone makes the template for the possible
days and people votes for days. We used in Python Barcelona with
success.

> Task: To create from scratch a Tic-tac-toe game with an AI opponent.

Well, it's up to the AI (I know that for Tic-tac-toe is not very
difficult). If we want to keep the Dojo under 120 minutes it's about 10
drivers (some time is lost, etc.). If we do tests as we should do, it
gives 5 tests and 5 incremental steps, or maximum 6 or 7. I haven't
thought about the problem, but whatever the problem is should be
possible to go from the scratch to the final result in about 5 to 7 baby
steps.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany