[python-uk] Python evening talks in London

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 15 00:52:18 CET 2007

Andy Robinson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yet another London-centric suggestion.  Apologies to the rest of the
> country.

Sounds great Andy.

I'm tied up for a few months, but after that will be much freer to take
part in this sort of thing. I'd love to attend.

Suggestions for talk subjects :

* web frameworks (naturally!)
* popular standard library and extension modules
* setuptools and eggs
* IPython (the alternative interactive interpreter)
* GUI framework comparison
* Jython
* Testing tools
* Project management with Trac
* Developing with RPython (Restricted Python from PyPy - already used in
production systems by companies like EWT)

I'd be happy to talk about IronPython sometime. Possibly also a few
other subjects I have in mind for further down the road (using rest2web,
GUI acceptance tests with unittest, agile development and TDD etc).

There are lots of banks, hedge funds and other companies that now
develop with Python. It would be nice to find a way of reaching them
(and finding out what they would like to learn about). Perhaps spamming
all the London companies that advertise on the Python job board ?

Format - talk and demo followed by questions works well for many
subjects. How about sprinting style as well ?

All the best,

Michael Foord