[python-nl] PyGrunn: May 10th 2013 (tickets, speakers, RFP)

Berco Beute berco.beute at paylogic.com
Mon Mar 25 16:46:26 CET 2013

Hi all,

I am proud to announce another episode of the legendary
PyGrunn<http://www.pygrunn.org/> conference!
This year's edition will take place on May 10th at Forum Images in
Groningen.

*About*
PyGrunn is the 'Python and friends' conference with a local footprint and
global mindset. Firmly rooted in the open source culture it aims to provide
the leading lights in advanced internet technologies a platform to inform,
inspire and impress their peers. But the most important part is of course
hanging out with peers. PyGrunn has a non-commercial character and tickets
are just 25 euro, which is only for covering the costs of food, drinks and
an already legendary t-shirt. Days chock-full of pyhon/geek/hacker fun
don't come much cheaper than that! Still in doubt? Ask someone who visited
a previous edition. Confirmed keynote speakers for this year are Armin
Ronacher (flask, jinja, werkzeug), Kenneth Reitz (Requests) and Holger
Krekel (pypy, py.test).

*Tickets*
Tickets are already on sale at the PyGrunn
site<http://www.pygrunn.org/pages/tickets.html>. There
are only 200 tickets available and they will be sold out for sure, so don't
hesitate. The 25 euro should not hold you back.

*RFP*
There are still a few open slots in the schedule, so we made a Request for
Proposals <http://www.pygrunn.org/pages/rfp.html> (RFP) where you can
submit your ideas for a talk or a poster/paper. We reserved some space
(walls) for paper/poster presentations as well. You can use the same RFP
for that. The submission deadline is April 15th. We are especially
interested in talks about one of the themes this year ('python & big data'
and 'python in science and education'). The rule of thumb for talks is that
they should inform, inspire and impress a technical audience. In TED-like
spirit the audience should be blown away in half an hour after which
discussions can continue in the time between talks. Not all talks have to
be about Python since it's the 'python and friends conference', we always
use a few slots for talks about related 'hot' technologies.

*Sponsors*
Since PyGrunn has a non-commercial character it depends on the sponsors. As
always Paylogic <http://www.paylogic.com> will cover a lot of the costs,
and we are joined this year by Voys <http://www.voys.nl> and Goldmund,
Wyldebeast & Wunderliebe <http://www.gw20e.com>, but we would love to see
more sponsors supporting the PyGrunn community.

Spread the word and I hope to see you all at PyGrunn 2013!

Cheers,
Berco Beute
CTO Paylogic

PS: And yes, Paylogic is still actively
looking<http://www.paylogic.com/en/vacancy/>for 4 python software
engineers, a DevOp, a System Administrator and a
Quality Assurance Engineer. :)