[python-nl] Google app engine: Django of iets anders?

Konrad Delong konryd at gmail.com
Sun May 30 20:18:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

I wrote an app for the app engine once and went through similar path
of thinking. I stuck with Django, and am doing just fine (other
frameworks give you the same subset of functionality that Django does
- you still need to use Google's storage API). There are couple of
tools that extend the subset of Django functionality over GAE (like
this one [1]). None of them, unfortunately, gives you the possiblility
of running admin.

In conclusion: I don't think there's anything that makes Django on GAE
worse when compared to other frameworks on GAE. Since you are going
only to run a subset of the whole framework, you can use this as an
opportunity to learn a new one (disclaimer: I haven't :>).

good luck with your project,

Konrad
PS. I just love google translate/gmail integration xD

[1] http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-django/