off-topic, "Compiler" technology

Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at localhost.localdomain
Tue Jul 11 15:24:53 EDT 2000

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:16:55 +0200, Andreas Otto <aotto at t-online.de> wrote:

>  The underlying technology "Token-Stream" works for all
>  scripting languages like *perl* or *python* too.

I think if a compiler is available right now, more than half of the users
would be interested, especially if the speed gain is large.

OTOH, judging from some prior discussions here, not many developers would
put in serious effort until a working prototype is here, as many don't
believe it's feasible to achieve much.

If you think you can do it all by yourself, but you only lack funding, the
best way might be to contact PythonLab.  The maintainer's of python might
share their hard-earned funding if they judge that a compiler would help to
attract more users, esp so-called enterprise users.

Maybe there are other ways. I don't know.

Just my 2 cents.

Huaiyu