Win32com curiousity #2: PythonWin code completion

mksql at my-deja.com mksql at my-deja.com
Thu Jul 6 16:27:05 EDT 2000

When I first start PythonWin, the code completion feature seems to only
partially function, until I save the source file at least once. This is
when opening an existing source file, and after I have run makepy on
the ADO libraries. For example, in a program with a recordset defines
with:

    rs = win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset')

typing 'rs.' brings up a partial list of methods/properties - Fields,
MoveNext, Open

After saving the program, 'rs.' brings up the entire expected list.
Interestingly, the 3 keywords above are method/properties that already
exist in preceeding code.

Am I missing a configuration step?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.