Win32com curiousity #2: PythonWin code completion

mksql at my-deja.com mksql at my-deja.com
Thu Jul 6 23:33:57 EDT 2000

In article <vr795.3678$EV6.116137 at typhoon1.ba-dsg.net>,
  "Michel Orengo" <morganea at bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> When you run makepy, you actually create a file (see in
> python\win32com\gen_py) that defines the ADO classes and their
> methods/properties (that is true for any other COM classes you run
makepy
> on). The Dispatch is smart enough to get this file instead of a
dynamic
> running makepy.

Right, that part I already get.

> Also, because you use Fields, MoveNext and Open as methods on the 'rs'
> instance, PythonWin used them when constructing its class
browser...and
> therefore the list of attributes you find in the list for code
completion.

_After_ running makepy, saving the source, closing PythonWin, reopening
the source in PythonWin, the class browser initially is only aware of
the methods that are used in my source code. After a certain operation
(I think it happens after a save or run), then the class browser
display all available methods.

I am not sure if this is a PythonWin bug, or my installation or
configuration is damaged.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.