Glade

jepler epler jepler.lnk at lnk.ispi.net
Wed Jul 12 18:59:09 EDT 2000

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:54:13 +0200, Cedric Lefeuvre
 <Cedric.Lefeuvre at tcomhp43.epfl.ch> wrote:
>1...Is there a good documentation because i didn't succeed in finding
>one in the official site.

I haven't found any.  Instead, I learned Glade by trial and error.

>2...What is the capacity of Glade..I mean it seems to be easy to create
>static windows but is there the possibility (in the way to show results
>of some applications) for example to change the size of a tree or a a
>table....

Once you've created your application using a statement like
	wtree = libglade.GladeXML(gladefile)
you can refer to individual widgets by
	widget = wtree.get_widget("widget_name")
and then manipulate that widget:
	widget.set_usize(new_width,new_height)

Of course, you can also add a scrollbar within glade and/or set the widget
to expand when the user resizes the window.  Personally, I don't care for
applications that spontaneously move/resize their own windows.

Jeff