Compatibility between PythonWin and DISLIN

Ted Mew Ted.Mew at ncmail.net
Wed Jul 5 09:11:36 EDT 2000

Has anyone tried to run the graphing package DISLIN using
Mark Hammond's PythonWin 1.5.2?  Is DISLIN compatible with
PythonWin?

DISLIN 7.3 is a high-level and easy to use graphics library
with a Python version that runs nicely on a Windows NT
platform under Python 1.5.2.  This data plotting extension
was developed by Helmut Michels of the Max_Planck
Institute.  It is listed on the Starship at:

http://starship.python.net/crew/jhauser/plot-res.html

and the binaries can be obtained freely at:

http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin/

I have made a cursory attempt to run DISLIN under PythonWin,
but crashed in flames, unable to read memory locations.
Since PythonWin is MS Windows based, I suspect DISLIN is
attempting to run as an independent process or DOS-based
program, but have little knowledge in this area.

Any insights or experience would be appreciated.

 -Ted