Perl is worse!

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Fri Jul 28 12:25:43 EDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:29:57 GMT, Grant Edwards <ge at nowhere.none> wrote:
>For whom, exactly, are programming languages supposed to be
>designed if not for programmers?

    Computers and programmers.  Language design is a consession of what can be
made easy for the computer versus what can be made easy for the programmer.

    Furthermore, just because past programmers learned types since they were
needed for programming based on consessions does not automatically dictate
that future languages for future programmers need to follow the same path.  If
that were the case, bring out the punch cards for it was good enough for the
programmers of past.

    As for your human, not-human argument, no, I'm not saying you're not
human.  I'm saying you're not representative of all of humanity any more than
I am representative of all programmers even though I am one.