Python license (was RE: Python plug-ins for Adobe Products available)

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Mon Jul 31 14:38:27 EDT 2000

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

<good stuff snipped>

> I don't think RMS cares about that; if everyone was using free
> software under a BSDish licence, that would be fine, but he considers
> the GPL more likely to encourage the creation of more free software.
> (And he's very probably right.)

I guess there's not much point in debating this, but just let me leave
you with a thought: when you think of the free/open software as a
"survival of the fittest" process, software licensed under a BSDish
license can survive and reproduce in a wider variety of environments
than GPL software.

(and-the-ability-to-survive-in-nearly-any-environment-is-why-you
   -humans-seem-to-be-taking-over-this-planet-<wink>)-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com