Perl is worse!

Karl Ulbrich kulbrich at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 19:51:38 EDT 2000

Quoting Steve Lamb (grey at despair.rpglink.com):
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:38:32 GMT, William Tanksley
> <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:
> >That's a really cruel statement for you to make.  I hope you were making
> >it in jest.  I've seen nothing to indicate anything waranting this kind of
> >attack.
>
>     Neither cruel or jest.  I consider "Automagic" coversion on the same vein
> as "Winblows".  I have hoped that there were people who were above that, there
> are some, but it is here as in everywhere else.

Umm, last I checked, Winblows was a negative slur on Windows.

Automagic is usually slang for "behind the scenes, (try to) pick the right thing
for the context."   Applies to hardware and software gadgetry.

Only negative if the context describes something negative.  Ambiguous
expected results for type conversions qualifies.

	- shamelessly-using-the-adjective-automagic'ly yours, Karl