PythonWin/Scintilla aggressive folding...

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Jul 25 20:15:32 EDT 2000

> I have the following wxPython code:

There is your problem <wink>.

> My comment is missing.  It isn't part of the class definition, yet was
> "gobbled up" by the fold.

I agree this sucks.

> Can I prevent this?

No :-(

> Ideas?  This seems to be a Scintilla issue, as
> pywin\framework\editor\color\coloreditor.py seems to indicate that
PythonWin
> doesn't do the actual folding:

Correct, I'm afraid.  Scintilla detects folding as it colorises.  Changes
like you suggest would make it far more complex.

The good news, however, is that fixing it inside Scintilla means Pythonwin
gets the fix, as well as whatever wxPython integration efforts are
underway, and every future user of Python code in Scintilla will sing your
praises.

Please take this on!

Mark.