Is there a searchable archive of c.l.py

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Mon Jul 3 10:21:26 EDT 2000

   When the recent thread on Aspect Oriented Programming started, I tried to
find some earlier discussion of the subject that I remembered. I knew that
Deja had dropped most of its older archives but tried anyway. The Python.org
site recommended eGroups but while this has a complete record, searches do
not go back very far. Maybe it is only partially indexed. None of the other
sources were searchable. And none had a good way to download a large block
of the archives so I could run a search on my own machine.

   Is there a sensibly searchable archive anywhere? In the future we will
need this resource. Otherwise how will we know how we beat those nanoviruses
back in '97?

   Neil