The 'widget' demo with python/Tkinter

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Sat Jul 29 15:44:53 EDT 2000

In article <3983992A.75270197 at galactica.it>, Francesco Bochicchio
<fbochicchio at galactica.it> wrote:

[snip]
> I'm looking forward to the close three-weeks vacation period to improve
> my knowledge of Python/Tkinter. So I thought of duplicating the classic
> 'Widget' demo,which ships with TK and which I also found in a Perl/Tk
> version.

Dear Francesco,
I'm not familiar with the particular demo that you mention but I'm sure
that more Tkinter demo code and documentation would always be useful.
If you haven't seen it already, you might find Fredrik Lundh's
introduction to Tkinter worth a look. It's at:

http://www.pythonware.com/library.htm

I certainly find it useful. As far as I'm aware, it's the current state
of the art in Tkinter documentation.

Regards,
Matt