import Tkinter

Brian Elmegaard be at et.dtu.dk
Fri Jul 28 09:12:29 EDT 2000

Hello,

I am using (trying to learn how to use) tkinter and pmw. It seems that
something different is happening if I use

import Tkinter

as does in the pmw examples instead of

from Tkinter import *

as done in the tkinter examples.
What is the difference?

The things I have remarked are that the pmw examples does not run when
the latter is used. They Tkinter to be defined.
When the former is used I have to manually specify CURRENT="current" to
be able to tag a canvas item as current. However this does not seem to
stick to it, or perhaps I m doing something wrong.
Also, with the former I don't seem to have access to tag_names()?

Any help is appreciated,
Brian