newbie unimpressed...

stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com.bbs stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com.bbs
Tue Jul 18 04:30:09 EDT 2000

Please note that i'm using the latest official version -- 1.5.2, and am
thus responding from that point-of-view. I've always had a hard time
with people complaining about old versions, it never made all that much
sense to me .. but hey :) Maybe you just didn't know you're not using
the latest one?

Anyways. I love the Python documentation. I think it is, overall,
very well done. For instance, to find the answer to your question
on the Modulo operator...

Pop it open, select:
    Library Reference
    Built-In types
    Sequence Operations
     (then, after noting its not in the listed operators, choose...)
    More String Operations

Now, the only thing confusing about that is the fact that strings are
considered sequences -- but well, strings are arrays of characters,
y'know :) It is otherwise rather well organized -- its rarely difficult
to find something if you know remotely what you're looking for. If
you don't -- well, you tend to find something else terribly interesting
that makes the search worth it.

As for the debugger -- I don't know, i've never used it. I've never
needed anything more then an  interactive prompt to figure out
what's going on with my programs and where the problems are.

--Stephen