PythonWin/Scintilla aggressive folding...

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Wed Jul 26 10:49:46 EDT 2000

"Neil Hodgson" wrote:

[about not making comments level-neutral]
>    Yes, a patch like this could help for your code. I introduced the level
> neutral comments idea after developing the original strictly indentation
> based code and using it on example files. First blank lines had to become
> level neutral as lots of functions and methods have blank lines. Then I
> found lots of commented out bits so made the comment lines work like blank
> lines. Another heuristic that may be light weight would be that comment
> lines try to bind in a forwards direction but this may require some
> look-ahead.

You mean to detect the indentation of the commented-out code?  That might be
hard, given you might have a comment like any of the following:  "sharp",
"sharp space", "sharp sharp", "sharp sharp space".  I didn't realize this
would be such an involved feature....

[about strings in code]
>    I think they bulk the compiled code up a bit but I doubt whether its
> significant.

If it's pretty much harmless and all it acts as is a seperator or an "end of
definition" marker, like so:

class ztApp ( wxApp ):
   def OnInit ( self, etc.. ):
      print "init..."
      (...)
      return true
      ''
''

...I-can-live-with-that-ly y'rs

Olivier A. Dagenais - Carleton University - Computer Science III