From UNIX to Win NT

Thomas Thiele thiele at muc.das-werk.de
Mon Jul 3 06:40:44 EDT 2000

Hallo!

I have a program running on UNIX(IRIX and LINUX). I now want to port
this
program to Win NT. Is there anybody who have any experience with this?

The problem is I am using threads, fork and exec. And I want to have the
same behaviour using NT.

- at first I create a new thread. (so the main thread is ready for
receiving commands)

- then I fork
in the child I change it's userID (os.setuid()) and replace it by
os.exec()
the parent reads the stderr and stdout from the started program ( like
popen2.popen3() )

Last but not least I use sockets (a derived server from SocketServer.py)

What have I to change? And why? And how?

Thanks for help,

Thomas