How to use makepy?

richard_chamberlain richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 9 09:41:24 EDT 2000

Dale

I'm not sure what your original message was but:

>>Anyone got any idea how to use makepy?

Go into pythonwin and onto the tools menu and select COM Makepy Utility, and
then the COM object you want to work with, and finally press OK.

That will generate a python file in your py_gen folder, which depending on
the object will be quite big.

In that file will be a class for each automation object and a set of
constants from the type library.

On the oreilly site one of the sample chapters for Python Programming on
Win32 is the advanced COM chapter which has a bit about makepy:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

If you haven't got the book it's well worth the money.

Richard

news:8k9tot$5o$1 at supernews.com...