IDLE window disappears on startup

Rodney Loisel rloisel at helicon.net
Sun Jul 23 10:13:39 EDT 2000

All the python programs fail. Just a flash of a window. There is no idle.py in
the
idle directory , just a idle.pyw with a comment (no console) . Even my 'Hello'
program won't run by clicking on the icon. All I can do with python is to use
the start-> etc. >click on Python1.5 and get a generic window with no shell
feature and do line by line scripting. Also I can do run python from the 'run'
box and that indicates that the path is okay. import Tkinter works - so that
is functional. Why would there be a missing file or library if I just dl's this
program
for the python web site. You also didn't say how to change the DOS 'close on
exit'
if that's the problem...

thanks for the reply.