Newbie question, Getting Started?

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Sat Jul 22 11:25:05 EDT 2000

I also come from a VB background, and I have chosen to use wxPython for my
GUI:

http://www.wxpython.org

Also, to see how wxPython compares to Tkinter:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/3565/fid/473

I've never used Access per say, but I have used some ADO with the Jet
Engine.  For my database, I think I will use Gadfly:

http://www.chordate.com/kwParsing/

As for deployment, a solution that's recommended all the time is:

http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/distribute.html

...but you don't need to worry about deploying until you're done, unless you
have testers...

(This "coming from VB" type of question should probably be in the FAQ or a
tutorial.  The only question that is sort of close to this is
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/3243/fid/199  Maybe, one
day, I'll write a tutorial on "switching to the light side")

Olivier A. Dagenais - Carleton University - Computer Science III

news:8lbtqg$2drj$1 at earth.superlink.net...