[Draft] Open Letter to CNRI: Request for clarification

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Jul 28 08:32:25 EDT 2000

Peter Schneider-Kamp <nowonder at nowonder.de> writes:

> I like the idea of an open letter to CNRI expressing the concern of the
> Python Language Community. It cannot hurt to have them know what we feel
> about the issues at hand. Unfortunately, as Martijn observed, the issues

Looks like a good idea, count me in. Perhaps it would also help to
add Python-based projects that are administrated by the people who
sign the letter, to show that serious users are concerned and not
just people who love signing open letters.

And you can add me to the list, of course.

> P.S.:
> I find it rather startling that you see a need to change the license of
> a software whose development already has moved away from your institution.

I would rather not mention this issue. If the move to BeOpen is the
reason for CNRI's prolonged legal fight, then it's better not to
point it out again. And if it isn't, it's better not to suggest a
new argument to them.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr