Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Tue Jul 18 22:36:03 EDT 2000

> As I "read between the lines", mostly in the paper (on the MSDN
> online technical articles library) about Eiffel#,

   For some more lines to read between, there is a fairly disorganised
report of a presentation on Smalltalk 2000 .net at
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/CampSmalltalk2.html
   Start about 1/3rd down the page.

   """Next we got an example of the bytecode, the first issue David had was
that classes aren't first class objects, but you can build a first class
object using the class information. The UVM also doesn't support dynamic
messaging in the raw VM, so David needed to build a dynamic dispatcher,
Microsoft is aware of these problems and this could change."""

   Neil