Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

rgparker at west.net.bbs rgparker at west.net.bbs
Mon Jul 17 21:00:04 EDT 2000

Mark,

Do you envision non-MS affiliated groups writing IL-to-native compilers
for other (non-Windows) operating systems?

In other words, will this IL stay as a Windows-only sort of deal?

Also, could Java be compiled to IL if someone wanted to write a compiler
for it?

In news:<8kld9h$489$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, MarkH at ActiveState.com says...