FILE * arguments in C API ??

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jul 7 20:32:53 EDT 2000

"Edward K. Ream" <edream at tds.net> writes:

> Alas, there appears to be a botch in the C API's.  In particular,
> routines like
>
>    int PyRun_AnyFile (FILE *fp, char *filename)
>
> can not be included usefully in python/libs because struct FILE's will
> be different when built by different compilers. This wouldn't matter if
> it
> were easy/possible to rebuild python/libs using one's own compiler.
>
> Any comments?  Any suggestions?

I can't necessarily comment on the "easy" but is there a reason why it
isn't "possible" to rebuild python/libs for your compiler?  I mean,
it's not like the source isn't available.  You might have to
statically link if you needed to co-exist on a system with the
standard Python DLL, or at least rename the DLL if building a DLL.

--
-- David