[ANN] Python port to Palm Pilot

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Mon Jul 10 23:00:34 EDT 2000

JEFFERY COLLINS (collins at rushe.aero.org) wrote:
> Download the .zip file instead.  Apparently, downloading
> the .prc files using a browser corrupts the files.

I also ran into a nasty crash that required a cold boot,
inspite of using the .zip file. The file sizes are correct
according to the download web page. Is it possible the last
test just takes such a long time that it ties up the 68k and
only appears to have crashed? The place it stops is "Testing
3-argument pow() function..."

Wait, it's moving again! It returned to the main menu. Cool.

What are the chances of getting a read-eval-print loop
running on the Pilot? While I'd rather write Pilot apps in
Python than some other languages, I'd love to be able to
write Python source right on the Pilot itself.